Saturday, April 24, 2010

Option #2


Constructed the Laddervator frame using Option #2 (flanged wheels on the outside of the frame). For wheels I used 2.5" Campbell pulleys (4x). They are rated to support 550 pounds - much more than the max 200 lbs I'm planning for the prototype. Everything bolted together very smoothly. I used some old shelving brackets that I found in the as well as remnant shelf-supports and a couple of linear feet of azek. I drilled a hole at the top of the frame through which slipped a caribena for connecting the frame to the winch. Construction time was a couple of hours.

Here's a picture of the prototype Laddervator frame in place on the ladder. You can also see the winch (orange box at the back of the ladder). More about that later!


No comments:

Post a Comment